Before we explore the themes for October, I think it’s important we debrief about September. In my previous blog, I mentioned that I got the sense it was going to be one of the more intense months of the year—which definitely seemed to be true for myself, many of those around me, and my clients. The number of people who inquired about and scheduled energy healing sessions went up at least threefold in the past few weeks.
I noticed a collective theme of exposure or revelation within the past month. With the opposition between the planets transiting Virgo and Neptune in Pisces, these revelations weren’t exactly comfortable. Many found their sense of status quo challenged or brought under scrutiny, leaving them questioning relationships or beliefs that once seemed certain. I recommend checking out my general reading on Instagram for the lunar cycle between September 14th through September 30th here.
Though we are certainly experiencing less activity this month, Pluto, embodying Hades, the Greek God of the Underworld, is raising a little bit of hell in October. Not only are we entering Scorpio (ruled by Pluto) season towards the end of the month, we have Pluto in Capricorn going direct on October 3rd, and a couple of squares with Libra and sextiles with its native sign Scorpio. We can almost surely expect that whatever was revealed in September to be explored and discussed further this October… of course, Mercury going retrograde on the 31st may be a frightening prospect indeed! With the thinning of the veil on Samhain (or Halloween) and the planet of communication shifting inward, mediumship and connecting with deceased loved ones will be very accessible at this time—especially being in the sign of Scorpio!
Please keep in mind that this forecast is very general. I highly recommend that you refer to the transits in your own natal chart to really get a sense of how these planetary movements will affect you personally. Anyways, without further ado, here are my notes for October 2019:
Happy Libra season! Scorpio season commences on October 23rd.
– Venus in Libra square Pluto in Capricorn on October 1st. While this aspect can feel a bit harsh, there is the opportunity to transform dysfunctional patterns (especially insecure attachment styles) and relationships.
– Mercury enters Scorpio on October 3rd. A time to dive beneath the surface and discover the truth. Some unexpected “stingers” might lash out in conversation. A collective need to discuss what is hidden or taboo.
– Pluto goes direct in Capricorn on October 3rd. I would call this the “main event” of the month. Pluto went retrograde on April 24th and has been gradually building in pressure. Similar to Saturn going direct last month on September 18th, many of us will find ourselves overcoming or resolving blockages that have tested and delayed us for the last five months. Pluto in Capricorn, associated with the tenth house or midheaven, can offer deep insight and momentum towards reaching new heights of our potential. While Pluto is a malefic planet with a penchant for stripping whatever it touches the bone, passing its test will often give back what you lost and then some—those who have been doing their inner work will see a real payout! Please refer to your own natal chart to get a better idea of where and how this transformation is taking place in your own life.
– Mars enters Libra on October 4th. Mars can bring out the strong desire for “justice” associated with Libra. Mars is technically in “detriment” in this sign, and can tip the scales one way or the other. It’s especially important to strike a balance between weighing your options and taking action.
– Mercury in Scorpio opposite Uranus in Taurus on October 7th.
– Sun in Libra square Saturn in Capricorn on October 7th.
– Venus enters Scorpio on October 8th.
– Venus in Scorpio opposite Uranus in Taurus on October 12th. What values or perspectives do you often find questioned in your relationships and by your partners? Changes in relationships are more likely. We may find ourselves seduced by unlikely yet short-lived love affairs. Finances are also very affected in similar ways with this specific aspect. While there may be lucky or unexpected gains for some, don’t take any risks with gambling or spontaneous investments!
– Full Moon in Aries on October 13th. A perfect time to shed the old “you,” and make space for the new. An air ripe with action and excitement. What areas of your life do you find yourself stagnant or lacking vitality? Let go, set your intentions, and go out and DO something!
– Sun in Libra sextile Jupiter in Sagittarius on October 13th.
– Mercury in Scorpio sextile Saturn in Capricorn on October 14th.
– Sun in Libra square Pluto in Capricorn on October 14th.
– Mercury in Scorpio trine Neptune in Pisces on October 15th.
– Mercury in Scorpio sextile Pluto in Capricorn on October 19th.
– Venus in Scorpio sextile Saturn in Capricorn on October 20th.
– Venus in Scorpio trine Neptune in Pisces on October 21st.
– Sun enters Scorpio on October 23rd.
– Venus in Scorpio sextile Pluto in Capricorn on October 25th.
– Mars in Libra square Saturn in Capricorn on October 27th. Ouch!
– New Moon in Scorpio on October 28th.
– Sun in Scorpio opposite Uranus in Taurus on October 28th.
– Mercury conjunct Venus in Scorpio on October 30th.
– Mercury goes Retrograde in Scorpio on October 31st.