Don’t be fooled by the warm, flaky crust of my Libra ascendant. My Sun, Mercury and Jupiter are all very much in Virgo. A lot of research, digestion, and synthesis goes into the astrological forecast of my general readings. While I don’t formally offer astrological services, the past few years have seen my nose in more than one astrology book. Rumor also has it that I am often more familiar with the natal charts of even my most astrologically savvy friends than they are themselves, despite possessing only the vaguest notion of their actual date of birth. Allegations aside, it occurred to me while I was checking the stars and jotting down my notes for the April general readings that it could make for a useful blog post.
As I do with my videos, I will disclaim that this forecast is very general. I highly recommend that you refer to the transits in your own natal chart to really get a sense of how these planetary aspects will affect you personally. Anyways, without further ado, here are my notes for April 2019:
Happy Spring and Aries season! Taurus season commences on April 20th.
– Aries season began with Libra supermoon opposing the Sun. Highlighting tensions between self-interest and relationships. Likely (re-)assessing the way we show up or approach relationships, or perhaps how we compromise ourselves for others. A need or urgency to find common ground, especially in close relationships.
– Mercury goes direct on March 28th in Pisces and will be in the post-shadow phase until April 7th—the same day it will sextile Saturn in Capricorn. Mercury conjuncts Neptune one last time on April 2nd. Finishing up spiritual and intuitive downloads. For many people this will be the “installation” period of whatever emotional or spiritual shifts that were occuring during the retrograde. Sudden clarity or manifestations may occur. But beware! Sometimes the effects of the retrograde don’t become apparent until the post-shadow phase—problems we weren’t aware of before may rush to the surface.
– Aries New Moon on April 5th. Perfect time for new beginnings!
– Libra Full Moon (again) on April 19th opposing sun in Aries. Same as above, though with slightly less intensity. May manifest as a rehashing of previous issues.
– Mercury enters Aries on April 17th. A period of taking action and figuring things out as you go. Quick decision-making might be required for new opportunities or travel.
– Venus enters Aries on April 20th. A period of passionate (albeit potentially short-term) romances and flings. Shifting from the Piscean energy of “love is in the air” to the Ariesian “mating season.” Also a good time to revive the passion in long-term relationships and exploring new artistic or creative outlets.
A few outer planets are going retrograde this April. Anticipate lots of finishing up and resetting of karmic cycles, particularly with Saturn and Jupiter. An ideal time to reflect on: growth, lessons, vocation, loss, and transformations. Freedom, especially regarding career and finances, will be majors themes for the next several months as well.
– Jupiter goes retrograde in Sagittarius on April 11th until August 11th, trines with Sun in Aries on April 17th. Spiritual growth, visions, realizations, and breakthroughs. An “opening in the ego” during the trine. A need to rein excessive or unrealistic optimism. Honing in on long-term visions and goals. Possibly questioning things like, “Where is this all leading me?”
– Pluto goes retrograde in Capricorn on April 24th until October 3rd. Expect internal shifts and transformations that reshape the ways we show up in the world and achieve status, especially with vocation.
– Saturn goes retrograde in Capricorn on April 30th until September 18th. Highlighting the importance of staying organized and disciplined, especially with career and long-term goals.